Boulder Community Media (BCM) is a Colorado-based 501(c0(3) organization. BCM is also organized and does business as Wyoming Community Media and Nebraska Community Media.
BCM doesn’t operate a museum, directly save whales or protect children or other traditional community and social services, but empowers others to attain their goals and missions through:
- community education for students of all ages
- full range of digital media production from preproduction to distribution
- event production
- education in digital arts
- nonprofit fiscal agency
- live event planning and implementation
- social media marketing strategies
BCM previously operated Public and Educational Access cable TV channels and has a expertise in working with community members, organizations and businesses. It has maintained its mission of community education and uses this approach while providing relevant, high production value projects with fast turn around and within most any budget:
- Pre-production – scriptwriting, casting, location scouting
- Production – cameras and operation (3-JVC HD); Lights – flat panel, soft boxes; Sound – Sony wired and wireless mikes, Audiotechnics boom; direction, craft services, transport and other support services.
- Post Production – DVD authoring, web streaming; VHS Conversion – BCM can convert your VHS home movies into DVD or other digital formats.
Are you working on a project and you’d like to do it with non-profit status? BCM sponsors and co-produces projects for individuals or organizations without 501(c)(3) status. Non-profit status provides many benefits: productions be covered under the BCM liability insurance, be eligible for grants from foundations and the government, investors in your project can enjoy a tax exempt donation as allowed by law.
BCM not only can produce top quality digital media that conveys your message, BCM can help you get your message seen and heard through harnessing social media like facebook and twitter BCM can work with you to meld social media marketing with your existing advertising and outreach approaches.
BCM previously operated the Boulder public access and educational access cable TV channels. BCM was charged with providing community-based educational services to students of all ages in the Boulder Valley and beyond. While BCM no longer operates the TV station, it continues to provide community-based teaching on an individual basis or for groups. BCM works closely with local school districts, colleges and universities to develop “hands-on” practical out-of-school learning opportunities in all facets of production, behind and in front of the camera. Student teams produce programs for community TV channels and web streaming.BCM has taught students at the University of Colorado Boulder Journalism Department; Boulder Valley School District – Fairview High School International Baccalaureate students; Boulder International Film Festival Student Advisors; The Shoot Out Boulder 24 hour filmmaking festival teams.
1650 Yellow Pine Avenue – Boulder, CO 80304 – 303-910-5782